Pacific Beach LocationArrival
- Meet your instructor directly on the beach in front of the Wayfarer Hotel located at 707 Pacific Beach Drive, San Diego CA 92109.
- All participants are expected to arrive 10 minutes prior to the lesson start time.
- Anyone arriving more than 10 minutes late will be considered a No-Show.
- No refunds will be provided if the participants are more than 10 minutes late, missed their scheduled reservation, or change or alter their reservation within 48 hours of the lesson reservation.
- Surfing lessons must be cancelled 48 hours before your lesson start time for a full refund.
- Reservations made within 48 hours will not be refunded.
- Camp must be cancelled 72 hours prior via email for a full refund (minus a $100 non-refundable deposit per person, per camp)
- Reservations can be rescheduled within 48 hours Monday – Thursday for $35 per person. You must email pacificsurf@pacificsurf.
org if you would like to reschedule the lesson. No phone calls will be accepted.
- From June 10th – September 10th bookings cannot be rescheduled within the 48 hours.
- Camp reschedules MUST be done no later than 72 hours prior to the start of camp.
- There will be no refunds or reschedules for any changes within 72 hours of the start of camp.
- Once you hit the sand there are no refunds unless lifeguards or your instructor/s shut down the lesson.
- No refunds will be provided if participants are late, miss their scheduled reservation or change or alter their reservation within 48 hours of reservation.
- Lesson Packages cannot be returned or refunded and cannot be redeemed for cash or credit.
- Lesson Packages are non transferable to other products.
- Packages cannot be split between multiple students.
- Please make sure your child has water, snacks, sunblock, and lunch if they are staying for the full day.
- Campers must be picked up promptly at the end of camp each day. There is a 5-minute grace period. After 5 minutes, you will be charged $5 for every 10 minutes your child remains in our care until they are picked up.
- No refunds or store credit will be given once the purchase is complete.
- If harsh weather or rain occurs, we will reschedule or refund camp/lessons at our discretion.
Surfer Girls is run by a team of local and international surfers and private investors, backed by major surf companies and brands, who are working together to expand the female surf industry.
We have internationally renowned surf schools for girls and women, surf camps and surf trips all over the globe.
We want you to have the best possible experience out in the surf. Our instructors are friendly, down to earth, and most of all, fun to learn from. We love surfing and want to spread the love.
All Surfer Girls instructors have superior training and meet all safety requirements. All are certified in first aid and CPR; some are even certified EMTs. Our team consists of local and international surfing enthusiasts both male and female. They embrace the surfing lifestyle and at the same time are also qualified paramedics, doctors, and teachers.
Our instructors go through a rigorous training program, the Level 1 or higher surfing coaching accreditation. They will build your confidence by giving you the knowledge you need to feel safe and secure in the ocean. Second, they front load you with the basics of surfing so you understand what you need to do when you get in the water. Their strong teaching skills make it easy for you to learn and make surfing a “can do” for anyone.
Female surf culture or “Wahine” surfers have been going strong since the 1920’s in ancient Hawaii and later on in California.
At Surfer Girls all instructors have at least five years of surfing experience. Learn to surf in San Diego, Los Angeles or Hawaii!
Surfer Girls is THE surf school for girls and women, from beginners to advanced surfers. Surfer Girls has been teaching surfing worldwide since 2000. We are the only surf school that offers a luxury overnight surf camp in multiple locations around the world. We have highly qualified professional instructors and we can guarantee we will have you standing up with a smile by the end of your first lesson. Choose Surfer Girls, voted the “Best Surf Camp” by the Travel Channel.
We are located in San Diego, Los Angeles and Hawaii. When you sign up for your surf lesson online we will send you an email telling you exactly where to meet your instructor depending on the location.
We suggest you give yourself at least 30 minutes before your lesson in the summer months to be sure to find a parking spot and to also have time to put on your wetsuit and sign your waiver.
Please wear your swimsuit or bikini under your clothes. Bring a towel, a change of clothes and something to drink. Don’t forget to put on sunscreen before the lesson starts!
Campers should pack a healthy lunch, snacks, drinks, a long sleeve sweatshirt or jacket, a towel, sunscreen, shoes, and some cash just in case.
You should be okay. Just make sure to close your eyes tight underwater and bring an extra pair just in case. If you don’t wear disposable contacts make sure to wear an old pair.
Check www.surfline.com for current temperatures and surf conditions.
Surfer Girls has a wide selection of wetsuits and rash guards for your use. You are also welcome to wear your own wetsuit. If you don’t want to wear a wetsuit we’ll give you a rash guard. We suggest you bring a pair of boardshorts.
All Surfer Girls instructors, male and female, are experienced surfers who have been surfing for over 5 years, while some are even pros! All are certified in CPR and first aid, and some are even certified EMTs and ocean lifeguards.
You need to be able to swim with your head above water and must be able to swim to shore. Smaller kids and weaker swimmers will be kept in shallow water, and our instructors will be with the students at all times.
You are welcome to rent surfboards after your lesson if we have the equipment available.
At some locations there are restrooms close by, but at others there are not.
Overnight campers can get ready for Surfer Girls camp by swimming, stretching, doing push ups, and strengthening your biceps and triceps. Yoga also compliments surfing.
Our schools and overnight camps are close to popular restaurants, clothing stores, and supermarkets.